Who are we?
We are the team behind Castor EDC (Electronic Data Capture), a web application that allows medical researchers to easily and securely collect data for their clinical studies. We are one of the fastest growing HealthTech companies, growing at 17% per month. We are proud of the fact that our customers are our biggest growth engine. Once they use our product, they fall in love and tell their fellow researchers.
What is our goal?
We want to accelerate medical research by unlocking the potential of every researcher. Starting with an easy to use and affordable EDC we will help researchers throughout the entire medical research process. We want to make it easy for researchers to comply with an ever increasing amount of privacy, data protection and clinical practice guidelines. We believe that standardizing and reusing research datasets is key to meeting tomorrow’s healthcare challenges. Our recently awarded €1.1M Horizon 2020 grant will help us speed this along!
Who are we looking for?
We keep our clients’ medical data safe and their research compliant. We are hiring a Legal Counsel & Compliance Officer that will scale our legal processes to support hundreds of thousands of users, up from 8.000 now. You have a Legal background and live and breathe topics like privacy and data protection. You translate complex regulations into a smart and agile plan for the organization. You are able to help design future products and modules through Privacy by Design.
What will you be doing?
We expect you to own the topics Legal, Data Protection and Privacy. You will define what is crucial for the company to focus on, although we have some thoughts:
- Enable ‘Scalable Legal’ for Castor EDC; setting up processes for contracting with hundreds of thousands of researchers
- Coordinate our internal readiness for upcoming certifications such as GDPR
- Provide insights on upcoming regulations and how we can help researchers, hospitals and medical device companies comply
- Discover and implement innovations that help us stay secure and compliant
- Fulfill the official role of Privacy Officer
- Contribute to Privacy by Design within the development team
- Finalize and maintain our ISO27001 certification
- Initially, maintain Information Security Management System (ISMS) and coordinate training and awareness programs. We intend to carve out this role as full-time function (Information Security Officer) later
- Co-author blog posts related to legislation, data protection and privacy in medical research
What are we offering?
- Help improve medical research and healthcare while maintaining patient privacy
- Responsibility and accountability for managing your own part of the business
- Being challenged every day
- The ability to follow role related trainings
- A team of young, smart and driven international colleagues
- A competitive salary with 10% bonus potential, potentially equity
- Opportunity to participate in our pension plan
- 30 vacation days per year
- A spacious office with all amenities located in the south-east part of Amsterdam, across from the Academic Medical Center (AMC)
- Free lunch, snacks and Friday afternoon drinks and quarterly team weekends!
What type of person are we looking for?
- University degree, preferably Law
- Passionate about Legal, Data Protection and Privacy topics
- Pragmatic and a hands-on mentality, getting things done
- 3+ years experience in a Legal position, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of privacy, data-protection technology trends and management standards.
- Proven analytical mind and project management skills
- Business English required, Dutch is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO27001 is a plus
- Knowledge of clinical research guidelines (GCP, 21 CFR Part 11, HIPAA) is a plus