We are looking for a driven and pro-active Corporate Secretary / Legal Officer to join our Netherlands office (Amsterdam area).
The successful candidate will provide high quality corporate and legal services to our clients.
What will the Corporate Secretary / Legal Officer do?
• Draft decisions by shareholders and the board, powers of attorney and contracts, and assess articles of association of the various legal entities to ensure they fulfill the requirements of the client, legislation, directives and advisers.
• Establish strong relationships with clients understand their needs and ensure that their service delivery expectations are met.
• Guard and adhere to all requirements for both Client Companies as well as First Names companies following laws, regulations, regulatory bodies (DNB) as well asinternal procedures regarding Risk Management (i.e. KYC, compliance, transaction monitoring), Corporate Governance and/or otherwise.
• Plan and manage client and local board meetings to ensure that those are effective and successful. Draft board minutes and ensures timely circulation.
• Ensure that all clients and statutory filings are properly maintained in a timely manner and within deadlines.
• Provide assistance for the effective on boarding of new business.
• Assist the Senior Client Manager / Client Service Director in setting up and coordinating corporate services on behalf of legal entities or other organizational set ups.
• Develop a good technical understanding of legal and regulatory requirements and industry best practices relevant to the service line and clients.
What do you need to succeed as Corporate Secretary / Legal Officer?
• University law degree (corporate law), 0-2 years work experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Methodical and consistent approach.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Dutch and English.
• Working knowledge of local regulatory requirements.
• Advantage: Good knowledge and experience of corporate services industry
• Advantage: Experience of working closely with Client teams and an understanding and experience of client requirements
So how about you?
Our commitment to you is that we offer a competitive benefits package and will help you become your personal best. All of our First Names benefit from a comprehensive training program. We focus on a holistic skillset of professional accreditation and management development, soft skills, coaching and technical training. This is a business built by people, so helping our people be great is great for business.
First Names Group
We are a leading independent provider of trust, fund, real estate and corporate services. Did you know we’ve grown three-fold in the last three years and have offices in 14 different locations around the globe. We credit this growth to our people – talented and driven individuals making things better for their teams, clients and communities. We call ourselves ‘First Names’.
If you think this sounds like you, click 'Apply Now' below and submit an application for the position of Corporate Secretary / Legal Officer . We can't wait to hear from you.
"Our business is first, second and third about the relationships we have with our clients"
Corporate Secretary / Legal Officer Job reference number: OLR12855