Legal & Business Affairs Manager
Do you eat note-shaped cereal for breakfast? Does listening to dance music make you happier than a small child in a toy store? Are you able to do an amazing job despite – or maybe even due to – being a wee bit crazy? If your answer to all of these questions is a firm “YES”, you’ll fit right in here at Armada Music. And as faith would have it, we have just the job opening for you. We’re looking for a…
…Legal & Business Affairs Manager
Because of our growth, we are immediately looking to hire a wonderworker for our Legal department. As our Legal & Business Affairs manager, you will not only support the contract negotiations and administration of the senior Legal & Business Affairs manager, but you will also work independently on contracts. You are responsible for contract negotiations and finalizing the agreements with the involved parties in all details required. These parties vary from artists, DJs, (co-)producers and vocalists to other record companies, license partners, management offices, music publishers, digital portals, contract administration and more. It is up to you to conclude the specific terms of agreements between contract parties in the contract and to administer accordingly.
What will you be doing (exactly)?
- You are responsible for negotiating and drawing up agreements (in the broadest sense of the word);
- You will correspond with our contract parties to ensure that contracts are signed and sent within the set deadlines;
- You are tasked with archiving all contracts and making sure it’s all entered into our royalty system correctly;
- You will inform our finance department about the specific financial aspect of every deal;
- You are (jointly) responsible for keeping the administration of our overviews and catalog up to date.
Who is the person we’re looking for?
- You’ve acquired a relevant degree in Law, at least ‘wo’ (Dutch standard) or an academic degree;
- You have (preferably) two to three years of experience with (music/media) contracts;
- You have mastered the English (legal) language in word and script;
- You are flexible, proactive and accurate in everything you do;
- To you, a job means more than just working from nine to five;
- You preferably live in or near Amsterdam.
What will we offer you in return?
- You will be joining the ranks of a young and dynamic team;
- You will be working with parties on an international scale as Armada Music is a global business;
- You will receive a monthly salary befitting your age and experience;
- We offer favorable secondary working conditions, including 25 days off (per year) and an appealing pension scheme;
- And if that doesn’t convince you, know that we’ve got our own in-office club for our wild office parties and Friday afternoon drinks, a gym open to anyone who wants to blow off some steam after (or before) working hours and colleagues so fun you probably don’t even want to head back home at the end of the day. And lest we forget, we’re stocked up on an enormous amount of the music you love.
Can’t contain your excitement? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to put 'Legal & Business Affairs Manager' in the e-mail subject. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC:
Armada Music B.V. is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Celebrating its 15-year anniversary in 2018, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Afrojack, Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, Dash Berlin, Erick Morillo, Fedde Le Grand, Gareth Emery, Julian Jordan, Kevin Saunderson, Lost Frequencies, Morgan Page, Showtek and W&W. Armada Music has been able to retain its position at the pinnacle of dance music for years on end and this is your chance to be part of it all.