Ascom is a global solutions provider focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. The vision of Ascom is to close digital information gaps allowing for the best possible decisions – anytime and anywhere. Ascom’s mission is to provide mission-critical, real-time solutions for highly mobile, ad hoc, and time-sensitive environments. Ascom uses its unique product and solutions portfolio and software architecture capabilities to devise integration and mobilization solutions that provide truly smooth, complete and efficient workflows for healthcare as well as for industry and retail sectors.
To support our Ascom office in Utrecht, we are looking for a dynamic and competent member of our global legal team in the role as
Legal Counsel 80-100%
- Advising and supporting the sales & service departments mainly in Utrecht and Brussel and, if possible, also in other regions (e.g. Nordic, UK).
- Emphasis on drafting and negotiation a wide range of commercial contracts in the ICT field, including consultation in public tenders, and enforcement of the Ascom standard contract templates (GTC/EULA)
- Review of legal issues and identification/proposal of solutions, taking into account the economic and legal consequences
- Additional focus on data protection and medical device regulations
- Instruction and cooperation with external lawyers in the Benelux, conducting of judicial proceedings
- Active support of and close cooperation with Ascom corporate legal team headquartered in Switzerland (e.g. conducting regular compliance trainings, contract management, local or group-wide projects etc.)
- You like to work in an international environment and are ready to travel from time to time.
- Your strengths should include assertiveness, negotiating skills and a positive attitude.
- You are pragmatic and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- You are responsible, loyal and flexible with excellent customer service skills and business sense.
- You appreciate the cross-functional coordination of activities in your area of responsibility.
- Strong language skills in English and Dutch is a key requirement.
- Legal studies in the Netherlands (Master of Law) or alternatively legal education abroad.
- Bar admission and/or further legal education is an advantage.
- Initial experience in with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- At least 1 year professional experience, preferably in an international company in the industrial sector or in an international commercial law firm.
This position will offer interesting challenges in a dynamic, multicultural environment.