(Senior) Corporate Lawyer International Expansion
Vistra International Expansion Services is looking for a (Senior) Corporate Lawyer to strengthen its International Expansion team.
As (Senior) Corporate Lawyer you will deal with the daily legal management and coordination of between 60 to 80 companies. You maintain regular contact with clients and advisors on the progress of complex legal matters for client companies. You will also be responsible for the (Junior) Corporate Lawyers, to help them develop and support them with their clients.
- Ensuring proper legal records are maintained and prepared in relation to all client companies/structures;
- Provide legal support for clients – such as multinationals, investment funds and banks, private equity and hedge funds - relating to Dutch corporate law and international structuring; involvement in acquisitions and reorganizing client companies and structures;
- Drafting, reviewing and revising all types of agreements and legal documentation required in client portfolios;
- Working closely together with (Senior) Corporate Lawyers and (Senior) Financial Account Managers responsible for the co-ordination, follow up and content of meetings;
- Active debt control of assigned client entities;
- Ensure compliance with relevant rules and regulations (e.g. AFM and DNB regulations);
- Engage with clients to understand their needs and place a high priority on client service and satisfaction;
- Prioritize client’s issues and address them accordingly with the client team;
- Escalate concerns relating to the client or client team to the line Managers in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Develop and extend your network with clients, external (legal and tax) advisors and other relevant third parties;
- Use your network for commercial activities.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- Master in Dutch Law (with emphasis on company law or notarial law);
- Between 2 - 8 years relevant working experience gained in an organization active in notary, corporate or financial law;
- Experience within real estate and/or private equity management and funds, financial services or the trust industry is an advantage;
- Accountable for ensuring high standards of delivery to clients;
- General interest in international structuring and business relations;
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining a professional network;
- Excellent Dutch and English written and verbal communication skills;
- Leadership and decision making;
- Positive attitude, strong work ethics and excellent team player;
- Commercial mind-set;
- Accurate, able to meet tight deadlines and good organizational skills;
- Hands-on, self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Self-awareness and understand the impact you may have on the client team;
- Strive for operational excellence;
- Excellent developed emotional intelligence.
- Vistra offers an industry-leading package of benefits (e.g. 26 vacation days, a bonus and a premium free pension) as well as global opportunities and will support staff at all levels in gaining qualifications and promotions throughout the organization;
- Excellent working conditions;
- The opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests;
- Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team;
- Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously;
- A no-blame culture where teamwork is important valued and lived daily.