FUGA, a leading, international digital music distribution company, is looking for a highly motivated part time Corporate Counsel to join FUGA’s legal team in Amsterdam. You will report to the CFO, be highly interactive with the Management Team and advise FUGA in various areas of group corporate and general in-house work. The ideal candidate should be available to work from our Amsterdam office for 24 – 28 hours per week.
What you do
- Advise on and implement administrative management of head office in Amsterdam and international subsidiaries in the US, UK, Italy (and possible additional regions in the future).
- Advise on the legal requirements of the group legal structure (corporate restructuring, transfer pricing agreements, intra-company licences etc.).
- Handle all legal matters regarding the shareholders (i.e. equity and debt investment trajectories, shareholders resolutions, incorporation of new subsidiaries etc.).
- Prepare the general meeting of shareholders (meeting agenda, annexes, minutes etc.) for FUGA and for its related companies.
- Assess and advise on various corporate agreements.
- In-house project management of investments and M&A transactions, including strategic (JV) partnerships.
- Work with the finance department regarding intercompany and financially related agreements and other group compliance matters.
- Manage group´s insurances and policies.
- Negotiate and draft leases, property portfolio management and office-sharing agreements locally and internationally.
PRIVACY & DATA PROTECTION
- Ensure group´s compliance with Data Protection and Privacy laws.
- Be involved in drafting and negotiation of commercial and media related contracts on ad hoc basis (including drafting of amendments, termination letters and addenda).
- Assist with the maintenance and creation of new employment and contractor´s templates.
- Assist with legal review of requirements and compliance for our international subsidiaries.
Who you are
- You are a certified lawyer under Dutch Law.
- You have at least 7 years relevant experience in corporate legal work.
- You have the ability to work independently, with a proactive mindset.
- You are an experienced corporate counsel, a great colleague with a high standard of work and exceptional organisational and communication skills.
- You like working in a team and you have strong social skills.
- You are able to select and work with (international) law firms which may vary per project.
- You are an excellent team player.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and therefore flexible to now and then be available on-call.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication in Dutch and English.
Who we are
- Small, enthusiastic team and a growing company with strong international ambitions.
- International business environment, colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech.
- Egalitarian, transparent environment.
- Part of a dynamic industry: music & technology.
- Location in the heart of Amsterdam.
Founded in 2006, FUGA build software and provide services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in New York, London and Milan and representatives in Paris, Los Angeles, Korea and Brazil.
We operate at the heart of the music industry with clients such as Armada Music , Spinnin’s Records, Tommy Boy, Ultra Records, Curb Records, Epitaph, Domino Recording Company and many more. FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with online stores such as Spotify, iTunes, and Apple Music. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music and collect on their revenue. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their strategy.