Senior Legal Counsel
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie type
- Legal Counsel
A wide-ranging and influential international role for an outstanding and ambitious professional with a knowledge of Swedish law and the Swedish language
The AkzoNobel Legal Group (ALG) is responsible for AkzoNobel Legal, Compliance and Intellectual Property matters. Within ALG the Commercial Legal team in Amsterdam consists of three Senior Commercial Counsels, a Senior Paralegal and a Management Assistant. The team serves AkzoNobel businesses in the region Europe but also works on global projects.
Within this context your core mission in this role is to assume control of our legal activities in the Nordics, working from Amsterdam as part of the Commercial Legal team. As such, it is essential that you speak Swedish and have a good knowledge of Swedish law. In the longer term you will also handle other international assignments.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a proactive, impactful and approachable professional with the business instincts necessary to interact effectively with our different businesses? Are you experienced in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of (complex) commercial agreements and warranties in an international context? Can you work effectively within multi-jurisdictional structures and in countries where we are not certified? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Senior Legal Counsel (Swedish speaking)
The role and its responsibilities
This stimulating and high-profile role is based at our Global Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. From here you manage and provide legal services to the AkzoNobel businesses in the region while building a strong relationship with senior leaders and developing and maintaining a high quality of services. Thus you enjoy a high degree of autonomy as you:
- Handle and support matters relating to M&A, HR, disputes, HSE, competition law etc;
- Review tender documentation and draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements (sales, distribution and supply, finance and loan, services and consultancy agreements);
- Select legal service providers and make sure that services are of quality and represent value for money;
- Handle a variety of claims and disputes within the region.
On an ongoing basis you contribute to and execute the ALG strategy and standards and you educate and train business colleagues on various legal and compliance matters in the region. You also perform regular legal and compliance risk assessments.
As you will interact with senior management on a daily basis it is essential that you are able to display strong leadership and influencing skills while working under pressure.
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- European qualified lawyer with a 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience at a law firm of international reputation and/or at a legal department of a Fortune 500 company;
- Excellent general legal knowledge with a specific experience in commercial and contract law, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures;
- Top level analytical and counselling skills along with solid dispute resolution experience and a solid command of competition law principles;
- Able to embody a high integrity and sound legal, ethical and commercial judgment;
- Excellent sense of work prioritization and able to work autonomously when necessary;
- Strong communication, negotiation and facilitation skills including fluent Swedish and English, with Danish a plus.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary and an attractive bonus scheme, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
The employment contract is under Dutch local terms.
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 180005JG or via the ''Apply'' button. If you have any questions, please contact Ariane Kräutner, Senior Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2. An employment screening and online assessment may be part of the selection process. Feedback is expected to be given in December or mid-January.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information, visit www.akzonobel.com
Keywords: lawyer, Swedish law, legal department, intellectual property, compliance, juridisch, Amsterdam