Legal Excellence Manager
- a good salary and an attractive bonus scheme
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie type
- Bedrijfsjurist, Legal Counsel
Drive improvements and efficiencies across the Legal function of a leading global organization
As a leading international organization AkzoNobel operates a large and sophisticated legal function. Within this context your mission in this role is to drive the excellence agenda of the Legal Leadership Team and the Legal function. This includes optimizing operational efficiency models, forging more effective relationships with external law firms and vendors, and developing and implementing the strategy for the delivery of IT solutions. You also position champion knowledge management systems and learning platforms for the function.
As such, this is a varied position for someone with a legal background and an interest in IT and training who can act as an effective multi-tasker and decision maker.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a self-starting and customer-focused project manager with a track record of providing best of breed solutions and thinking out of the box? Do you possess an exceptional ability to collaborate and communicate with and influence others, both internally and externally? Can you demonstrate strong execution capabilities while handling multiple assignments and managing major projects to successful completion? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Legal Excellence Manager
The role and its responsibilities
This is a newly created position, accountable to the Legal Leadership Team and based at our Global Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Your core task is to enable Legal to tap into the virtuous circle of legal excellence in terms of know-how, automation/efficiency and flexible external/internal resourcing. Thus you:
- Work with Procurement to achieve excellence in legal resourcing, thereby generating efficiencies to provide room for investment in internal capabilities;
- Partner closely with Finance and HR to enhance global transparency and visibility by ensuring appropriate budgets and appropriate global headcount plans;
- Champion Legal and Intellectual Property know-how and the Legal Academy to ensure that appropriate and regular subject matter training and professional and personal development opportunities are in place for the function.
IT and Digital is central and you identify and implement tools and systems that enable Legal’s mission of excellence and workflow efficiencies. You also help to develop key metrics for identifying and tracking Legal’s added value. In doing so you monitor and track performance against objectives and perform external benchmarking. Where appropriate, and as part of the Legal Leadership Team, you participate in forming and implementing a strategic vision for the function.
As an outstanding manager you manage the team and ensure that challenging objectives are set and achieved. You also assess the trainings needed to help team members grow and surpass
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- Academic degree in law, finance or accounting with minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrable project management, facilitation financial and IT skills are a key asset;
- A record of business experience with progressively increasing responsibilities and accomplishments in a corporate environment;
- Demonstrable planning and organizational skills along with the ability to work independently;
- Good understanding of AkzoNobel's management philosophy, organization and financial practices;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including a high standard of written and spoken English.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary and an attractive bonus scheme, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application, reference 180005SK, via the 'Apply' button. Please note, that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jeroen Sevenstern, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An online assessment might be part of the selection process. Feedback is expected to be given by mid-January.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information, visit www.akzonobel.com