Our client is a multi –billion dollar, publicly held, global, communications real estate entity with different sites all over the world.
The Company Lawyer role, based out of the Company’s office in the Netherlands, is responsible for providing legal advice to the VP Legal, Netherlands, the General Counsel, Europe, and, as necessary, various international management and business units and corporate teams. The incumbent will have specific responsibility regarding governance and compliance issues concerning the company’s Dutch entities and holdings, and the Company's international intercompany funding activities. This role will also assist, as needed, with managing certain legal and structural issues involving the international operations and acquisitions or other transactions in Europe and Africa.
- Assist with general corporate matters in the Netherlands and, as necessary, in Europe, Latin America and Africa, including legal oversight of all Dutch entities.
- Assist with operational management of the office in the Netherlands including compliance with local laws, implementation and oversight of corporate policies.
- Assist with intercompany fundings, including drafting loan agreements and capital contributions and maintaining detailed records of such transactions.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of Board materials and records for all Dutch entities.
- Provide support to international accounting and financing teams with respect to all matters involving the Netherlands.
- Provide support for mergers and acquisitions and business development in Europe and Africa.
- Assist internal clients on vendor agreements, lease agreements, and IP-related contracts and agreements, including license, collaboration and material transfer agreements.
- Assist, when necessary, with litigation and/or HR legal matters requiring legal support.
- Work efficiently and effectively with in-house corporate legal team and outside legal counsel in support of all activities, including assisting with the management of legal budgets.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Qualified Dutch Lawyer or Candidate Notary with the Dutch Bar
- Approximately 3 years post qualification experience with an international law firm or international trust office.
- Fluency in both Dutch and English.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Understanding of Dutch corporate law including as it relates to resolutions, unanimous written consents, capital contributions, entity formation and dissolution; dividends, etc.
- Understanding of provisions in non-disclosure / confidentiality agreements.
- Understanding of general contract drafting and negotiation, including, general vendor agreements, loan agreements and intercompany agreements relating to accounting, services.
- General understanding of intercompany financing documentation and equity structuring (i.e., distributions / dividends / intercompany notes and agreements / international thin capitalization issues).
- General familiarity with mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence experience.
- Exceptionally strong organisational skills, including the ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritisation of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment and the ability to manage complex files in an efficient manner, development of filing protocols and instituting document management systems.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Exceptional ability to work as a team player and integrate with legal and non-legal personnel.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment.
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key
If you are interested in this position please sent your resume and coverletter to Sylwia Leszczucka via mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
Major, Lindsey & Africa
Unmatched in What We Do.
In 1982, the founders of what is today known as Major, Lindsey & Africa set out to create the world's pre-eminent legal search firm. Guided by a goal of helping lawyers chart the most rewarding careers and providing law firms and corporations with access to the world’s top legal talent, they built a company dedicated to excellence and diversity in the legal profession.