Purpose of the job
As our senior legal counsel, you’ll support the leadership team of Bunge Loders Croklaan. You work closely with the business management teams to gain a deep understanding of their strategies, environment, strategic legal issues, challenges and opportunities, key customers, competitors and suppliers. You will establish and maintain a connection between the Leadership Team of Bunge Loders Croklaan and the global legal organization to ensure adequate legal support and coordination. In this role, you will act as the main legal advisor of the Bunge Loders Croklaan Croklaan business in the Netherlands. It is therefore your responsibility to provide Dutch law advice to the Bunge organization where required.
As the senior legal counsel, you will manage and supervise the legal counsel and paralegal in the Netherlands.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Draft and review contracts and other legal documents (such as agency, distributions, sales and marketing, supply agreements);
- Manage Bunge Loders Croklaan business related intellectual property issues jointly with IP Manager;
- Advise on contractual disputes to minimize risks and maximize legal rights of the company;
- Provide corporate law support;
- Manage legal issues related to real estate;
- Assist HR in employment matter;
- Ensure that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and internal policies.
- Represent the organization before authorities, administrative or before quasi-judicial agencies.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
- Provide corporate law support to Royal Bunge BV and Bunge Netherlands BV, as well as other Bunge subsidiaries in the Netherlands;
- Provide Dutch law advice in relation to various matters such as contracts, real estate, litigation, employment.
- Retain and supervise the work of outside counsel in the Netherlands
Skills, Education and Experience
- Qualified Dutch lawyer
- 10-15 years’ experience
- Excellent command of English, including ability to draft legal documents in
- Matrix organization experience
What you do bring to the job
As our senior legal counsel, you bring a relevant experience in an international law firm and/or as an in-house attorney in a multinational corporation in the areas of FMCG, food law and commercial agreements.
You have the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others and to build relationships and trust. You possess a good business sense and excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Further, due to the nature of the job, you bring a dynamic, enthusiastic and flexible attitude to the position.
For more information, you can reach out to Rob Mak (Talent Acquisition Manager, email@example.com) or visit http://europe.bungeloders.com/.
You can apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button below and send us your CV and Motivation Letter.
Agencies are not appreciated at the moment