Legal Counsel (The Hague)
The Marlink group of companies is acting in the satellite communication industry and is looking for a Legal Counsel in The Hague (40h per week). Marlink provides customers connectivity (phone, email, internet) on remote locations.
As Legal Counsel you will work together in an informal and dynamic Legal team that consists of a Manager and four Legal Counsels. You will support the Marlink business with legal support on a variety of legal topics such as: customer contracts, supplier contracts, service developments, corporate housekeeping, (pre)- litigation issues and compliance processes.
Your main responsibilities will be interacting with Sales and reviewing commercial customer contracts, interacting with Procurement and reviewing supplier contracts, drafting and updating contract templates, assisting in negotiations with customers and suppliers, assisting in prequalification of legal terms and conditions on tenders and working with product managers on business development contracts. Furthermore, you will assist Sales in contract related matters and prepare other standard agreements (NDA’s, LoI’s, etc). Besides assisting the business in a commercial way, you will assist in implementing the internal compliance processes (f.e. related to data protection and export control) and participate to other specific legal projects. You will also assist in handling bad debt and bankruptcy cases.
Marlink has a growing number of worldwide legal entities which require support on corporate housekeeping. Experience in corporate and M&A is an advantage.
- Dutch law degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of working experience as a legal counsel and/or as an attorney at law
- In-depth knowledge of commercial, corporate and contract law
- Excellent drafting skills (mostly in business English)
- Commercial sense and pragmatic approach
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Capability to interact worldwide, both independently and in cooperation with others under a high workload
- Positive and result oriented
- Pro-active problem solver, structured and systematic working methods
- Prioritize correctly under pressure
- Show enthusiasm, team spirit and is rigorous
- Have humour and be self-propelling
Working in a small team of collaborative legal colleagues with a high-quality standard, for Marlink - the pioneer of business critical satellite communication solutions for customers operating in remote environments. The position may require some geographical mobility.
Please provide, in English, a short introduction (including motivation) and your CV to Willem de Bouter by pressing the "apply' (solliciteer) button.