Associate Privacy/Data Protection and Cyber Security (IP&T Practice Group)
- DLA Piper Nederland
- We offer an excellent, comprehensive package.
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie type
- Advocaat, Advocaat-medewerker
Our law firm
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 30 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. These clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as governments and public sector bodies. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people across all of our practice and business services groups. Our continued success relies on our ability to provide an inclusive and motivating environment where everyone has a role to play in achieving our goal to be the leading global business law firm. We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
The Practice Group
DLA Piper is one of the most widely recognized providers of a full range of commercial, intellectual property law, privacy, sourcing and technology law services for leading businesses worldwide. Our team members are very involved in their local compliance culture and have close contacts with local regulators in Asia, Europe and the US.
Due to the fast growth of the practice group in Amsterdam we are looking for an Associate. A pro-active, commercial and flexible approach to help drive the team forward is essential. We offer first rate support in the form of training, partner time, excellent career prospects and an opportunity to play a role in the development of a key team in one of the world's most exciting and dynamic law firms.
You will be advising and assisting both national and global clients from different sectors (e.g., retail, finance, gaming, telecom, pharma) in connection in the following key areas of work:
- Compliance programs and policies, including GDPR implementation;
- Data subject access and opposition rights;
- Data security, data loss prevention and data breaches;
- Online and mobile tracking and consumer protection regulations;
- E-discovery and investigations management;
- Global data transfer management (transfer agreements, BCRs, etc.).
You will be working closely together not only with DLA Piper's co-head of Global Data Protection, but also with the International Data Protection Group consisting of 50+ lawyers. You will be often working on projects with your international colleagues for which you may have to travel abroad occasionally.
Requirements & Competences
- Strong IPT experience, gained in a leading firm;
- 4-7 years of experience;
- Be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues that are key to our clients and able to translate legal requirements into a realistic and pragmatic approach for our clients;
- Commercially sharp and stays current on key legal and business news;
- Excellent communication skills, client relations and team working;
- Able to work flexibly to tight deadlines within our fast moving environment;
- Enthusiastic to work together with your national and international (Data Protection) colleagues.