Associate Technology Law (mid level).
- Clifford Chance
- We offer an excellent, comprehensive package.
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie type
- Advocaat, Advocaat-medewerker
- Advocatuur, Juridisch
About Clifford Chance
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients to achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across all key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe, and is focusing more on the developing markets of Africa and South America. Our Amsterdam office – located in a beautiful, historic building in the city center – is a challenging, dynamic, international environment to work in, with clients representing the top of the national and international business community.
Our Tech Group
Clifford Chance's Tech Group comprises lawyers across our global network of offices and practice areas. Whether it's about Antitrust and Data, M&A and Investments, Intellectual Property and Litigation, Blockchain and AI, Fintech and PropTech, Cyber Security and Data Protection, Outsourcing and IT Contracting – the group delivers comprehensive advice on tech-related legal issues which breaks down traditional practice area boundaries. We also work closely with Clifford Chance Applied Solutions, our fully dedicated LegalTech branch, in the development of innovative legal products and solutions.
It is a truly global team, in the sense that the lawyers work together regularly on cross-border mandates, exchange experiences, and pool knowhow. We dedicate considerable resources to ensure proper training on new technological developments. All of this enables us to offer top-tier, integrated support in the most challenging legal issues that our clients face in any jurisdiction.
If you are a lawyer with a passion for tech developments and related legal issues, and eager to join a market-leader in the legal field, then this is a rare opportunity for you!
The role will require the candidate to support all tech-related legal issues and commercial contracting matters, but the current composition of the team would best be complemented by a candidate with particular experience in:
- Commercial contracting (for example technology and IP licensing, outsourcing, supply, manufacturing, distribution, franchising, services);
- Protection and exploitation of intellectual property rights;
- Regulatory matters in tech-related areas, for example in respect of cyber security, data protection, telecoms, e-commerce, AI, FinTech, blockchain, data ethics;
- Business separation matters, working alongside our M&A and finance practice in major transactions (for example drafting and negotiating transitional services agreements, IP assignment and licence agreements, long term supply and services agreements, and providing tech-related due diligence support);
- Litigation experience is a plus.
Key requirements for this role:
- 4 – 6 years of experience as an attorney in one or more of the areas of expertise mentioned above;
- First class legal ability with a high level of commercial awareness;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Good (contract) drafting skills;
- Very client focussed;
- Enthusiastic about keeping up with the latest technology trends and related legal developments;
- Team player, sharing knowledge, motivating and coaching juniors and contributing to overall success;
- Proactive, resourceful, takes initiative, and willing to actively engage in business development activities;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken word).