Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
- Royal IHC
- Kinderdijk (Rotterdam area)
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie type
- Compliance Officer
Are you passionate about trade compliance within the supply chain of the maritime industry and do you have in-depth knowledge of EU, US (EAR, OFAC) export controls and sanctions regulations? Then you have come to the right place to get on board as (Senior) Trade Compliance Specialist with Royal IHC!
Royal IHC is currently seeking a Senior or Medior Trade Compliance Specialist to join the central logistics center team based right next to a beautiful UNESCO World Heritage site in Kinderdijk, The Netherlands. This team is responsible for warehousing and shipping activities for Royal IHC worldwide. Using our logistics expertise, we support our colleagues on a wide range of business activities, such as our recently launched e-commerce platform, and worldwide delivery of spare parts, all the way up to the building of new ships at various external shipyards.
The position of Senior or Medior Trade Compliance Specialist will focus on continuing the development of Royal IHC’s internal trade compliance programme and embedding this within the organisation. In this role, you will work closely with our compliance officer, as well as various contacts across all departments. Royal IHC is expanding and becoming an international player, for which further implementation of our trade compliance programme is essential. Within this role, you will support the (re)definition of Royal IHC’s programme and be responsible for selecting and implementing trade compliance software within the IHC business processes. As Senior or Medior Trade Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- supporting the compliance officer in (re)defining the trade compliance programme
- encouraging compliance awareness at all levels of the organisation through support of educational training programmes, distribution of information and process improvement initiatives
- project management of the sourcing and implementation of trade compliance software to manage international trade compliance activity across Royal IHC
- due diligence compliance checks of all parties
- conducting internal compliance checks on the classification and qualification of goods
- providing day-to-day advice and guidance regarding customs and transaction-related requirements
- monitoring regional regulatory customs and trade compliance changes.
To be eligible for the position of Senior or Medior Trade Compliance Specialist, you must have:
- higher vocational education (HBO) bachelor or equivalent with at least three years of relevant experience
- in-depth knowledge of EU, US (EAR, OFAC) export controls and sanctions regulations
- demonstrable ability to make effective decisions, solve problems and handle sensitive or confidential information with discretion
- excellent project management skills
- strong written and verbal communication and effective influencing skills
- affinity with IT (experience with IFS is a plus).
Please note, an online assessment and screening will form part of the recruitment process. Only applicants with a residential EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
Royal IHC offers the successful candidate of Senior or Medior Trade Compliance Specialist a challenging full-time job within a dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Senior or Medior Trade Compliance Specialist, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics, and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Senior or Medior Trade Compliance Specialist and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the ''Apply'' button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.