IMC – WHERE TECHNOLOGY DRIVES TRADING
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Legal at IMC
The Legal Counsel at IMC Trading is responsible for ensuring that the organization’s operations are conducted in compliance with legal requirements, company policies and ethical business practices. The Legal Counsel acts as a business partner; provides legal support and advice across various departments and IMC entities.
The Legal Department in Amsterdam is formed by a team consisting of a General Counsel, three Legal Counsels and a Paralegal. Although it is a team effort, every team member has his/her own ‘focus area’ and yours will be primarily regulatory.
Your responsibilities include but are not be limited to:
- Reviewing and negotiating clearing-, market making-, authorized participant-, exchange-, and broker agreements, as well as other commercial, technology and procurement agreements.
- Providing business with legal advice regarding (new) trading strategies in relation to applicable regulations (e.g. direct counterparty business, Systematic Internaliser, new trading platforms).
- Implementation of new legislation (e.g. AMLD, MiFID, EMIR, CRD, IFR/IFD) and providing legal advice to the Risk & Compliance Team with regard to upcoming (changes in) regulation.
- Apart from your focus area, you will support on general, corporate and technology related legal issues. Besides that you will also assist in various (group-wide) legal projects.
WHO YOU ARE
- Academic Law degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience at a Law Firm and/or In-house Legal Counsel
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with Securities Law
- Proactive, strong initiative and pragmatism
- Sense of urgency and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English
Globally, we believe in hiring the best people and giving them the freedom, responsibility and ongoing support they need to succeed (and have some fun along the way). They learn, grow and expand their knowledge in a flat structure that means the best ideas are always recognized, regardless of position. Collaboration between Trading, Technology and our Business Operations Team is one of our biggest strengths, and has made us one of the world’s leading market makers.
WHO WE ARE
IMC is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC is 600+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.
WHAT WE OFFER
Apart from an excellent remuneration package with attractive secondary benefits, we offer you the chance to be surrounded by smart and driven people in a fun and unique environment. You enjoy responsibility early in your career and we offer you continued learning and development opportunities including relevant (postgraduate) studies. We believe in fostering an environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization.