ExxonMobil Corporation is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. With activities in nearly all countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with an expert talented and diverse workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology. Our customers are both global and local ranging from major oil & trading companies to the thousands of customers a day who visit our Benelux service stations.
Our people are analytical, result-oriented and focused on getting the best out of their teams. They thrive in our company culture: open, with an international mindset and down to earth. Our hands-on approach, job rotation system, regular training and long-term focus enable our people to learn and develop their talents continuously. The acquired skills and knowledge will help them to become our future generation of managers and leaders.
As a legal counsel you will be a member of our Benelux law department in Breda (8 lawyers).
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- You will provide legal support to our downstream, chemical and upstream business in the Netherlands in a wide variety of commercial, corporate, administrative, compliance (AT, anti-corruption) legal matters.
- You will have a strong focus on commercial contract work, M&A contract negotiations, dispute resolution, legal risk assessment and client compliance training
- You will collaborate on a daily basis with your colleagues of the Benelux law department as well as internal senior clients and interact directly with our external JV partners
- You will have the opportunity to further develop yourself in a challenging and international business environment
- You hold a Master in Law
- You have 3-8 years of working experience in an international context, preferably in a commercial, corporate or administrative law role in a well-reputed law firm or in the legal department of an international company
- Experience in the energy sector is a plus
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (both spoken and written)
- You are analytical, business oriented and pragmatic
- You are a team player, but able to work autonomously
- You are a strong communicator
- You are stress resistant and able to work under pressure
- You are flexible and willing to work abroad
Apply now and join ExxonMobil!
You have the opportunity to be part of an exciting, challenging, international business and a dynamic, highly-skilled legal team.
You will be offered an attractive and competitive remuneration package.
Learn more on our website
Follow us on Instagram & Twitter.com/ExxonMobil
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/exxonmobil
Visit our channel on YouTube.com/ExxonMobil
Get the latest energy news and views at EnergyFactor.com
If pre-selected, you will be invited to first round of interview in Breda. If successful, the second round will be organized shortly. You will be informed about the result of interview round(s) in short term.