- Eastman Chemical BV
- Nader te bepalen
- Eastman Chemical BV
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie type
- Belastingadviseur, Overig
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
This is Eastman Chemical Company
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
The Indirect Tax Analyst will work in the EMEA Head office based in Rotterdam. Reporting to the Global Indirect Tax Manager.
As a VAT Analyst you will be responsible for managing timely and accurately value added tax reporting and other indirect local taxes, as applicable, ensuring timely and accurate compliance for indirect tax in each country. This includes the preparation, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the below mentioned responsibilities, while ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and targets:
- Stay abreast of changes in the EU and local regulations concerning VAT Compliance.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns and Intrastat reports and any other relevant documents to local authorities in a consistent, efficient manner, optimizing use of the company’s ERP system (SAP/R3).
- Reconcile VAT returns and Intrastat reports with the relevant general ledger accounts.
- Contribute to VAT related cross-functional projects, working together with relevant functions within the company (General Ledger, Procurement, Supply Chain among others).
- Prepare and analyze supportive documentation for VAT audits. Answer queries from tax authorities concerning VAT returns and Intrastat reports and submit required documentation in a timely manner.
- Execute internal controls (SOX) and support the VAT Specialist by preparing Key SOX Controls.
- Document VAT related processes & controls.
Your background & qualifications
- Bachelor or Master in Fiscal economics, Fiscal Law, Accountancy or similar.
- Eager to adapt and learn new and changing regulations within Indirect Tax.
- Eagerness to drive optimization through creating dashboards, for example using PowerBI. All automation experience is a plus.
- SAP R3 knowledge is a plus.
- You are fluent in English; the knowledge of other European languages (such as German, Spanish, Italian or Eastern European) is an asset.
- Market Insight: Leverage market insights to guide decisions and determine what is right.
- Courage: Make courageous choices to innovate and accelerate value creation.
- Optimism: Optimistically focus on continual growth over a longer-term horizon.
- Bias for Action: Have a bias for action, prioritizing issues and making sound decisions, despite uncertainty or risk.
- Adaptability: Adaptable to market and customer opportunities quickly.
- Organized and structured way of working.
- Continuous drive for optimization.
- Enthusiastic and intellectually agile.
- Strong communicative skillset.
- Willingness and capability to learn new technologies and areas quickly.
What we offer
It’s about growth and your long-term success. At Eastman, your career path can take many routes - each offering growth opportunities, competitive salary and benefits, and a globally growing work environment. Eastman fosters a culture of diversity steeped in teamwork and employee involvement, a place where dedicated individuals turn great ideas into materials that make a difference in everyday life. We support and encourage one another and believe that leveraging diversity in our thoughts and experiences allows us to excel in business.
For further information about this position please contact Michael de Graaff +31(0)46 277 627 or send your application via the apply form.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
Agency calls are not appreciated.