- Merus N.V.
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie type
Are you ready to join our fight against cancer?
The legal team:
For our international legal team consisting of three senior legal professionals and our General Counsel, we are looking for a paralegal to be based in our Utrecht office. You will be providing support to your colleagues in both the Netherlands and the US on legal matters regarding Merus’ activities worldwide, meaning you will be involved in a broad array of legal issues related to confidentiality, research, development, manufacturing, pre-clinical and clinical development.
As paralegal, directly reporting to our General Counsel, you will be making sure the legal team works seamlessly together and meets timelines, compliance and administrative requirements. You’ll be helping out on the administrative side, be an important liaison of the legal team with the other functional units of our company, be a point of contact for some of our suppliers and make sure team presentations and all legal documents look great. You will be handling some type of contracts yourself, e.g. contract renewals, under supervision of one of the legal team members.
These will be your day-to-day tasks:
- Schedule weekly legal team meeting and call, draft minutes and keep actions list up to date
- Database management, coordinate and monitor tasks of colleagues
- Facilitating legal work and office procedures
- Review executed contracts for formal completeness and take care of archiving
- Provide sound input and contributions to the company’s legal planning and organizational objectives
- Review of legal documents, update legal template documents
- Handle contract renewals
- Preparing and supporting internal presentations and legal awareness trainings and other legal material
- Managing the legal team’s email inbox and intranet space
- Be point of contact for service providers, managing fee arrangements with legal suppliers
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours. Our talented international team works in an inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park) in a brand new state-of-the-art facility. We also offer an excellent pension scheme, company bonus, and 30 days annual holiday based on a full-time position. We care about team spirit and organize several company events each year.
Working at Merus provides you with opportunities to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You will have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by helping to develop bispecific antibody therapies (Biclonics®) to fight cancer. Merus’ headquarters are located in the Netherlands, with a US headquarters of its subsidiary Merus US, Inc. in Cambridge Massachusetts (Boston area). As of 2016 we are listed on Nasdaq Global Market and over the last 10 years we have taken several candidate drugs into clinical trials. For more information, please visit www.merus.nl.
When hiring new employees, we look for people who will fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of our company.
This is a great role for someone starting out in the commercial legal profession, learning from and working with the best in their field. We would like to talk to you if you meet the following requirements:
- You either hold a Bachelor degree in law and have 0 – 2 years of relevant work experience, or a Master degree in law, preferably with internship experience
- You are interested in a hands-on position in an international environment, working with colleagues from all over the world
- You have some experience with contract law, intellectual property law, privacy law (GDPR) and you want to improve your (drafting) skills in these fields
- You meet your deadlines
- You’re fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- You prepare clear and professional communications
- You’re experienced in using Excel and Powerpoint, having worked with contract management software is a plus
Apply directly via the ''Apply'' button or for more information about the application procedure, please contact Merus Recruitment via telephone number +31(0)30 – 253 8800.
Please send in your application by July 19, 2019 at the latest.