For almost 30 years, G-Star RAW has pushed the boundaries of denim design, changing an industry obsessed with the past by manifesting its own vision of the future. All individuals who want to leave a lasting impact, make a positive difference, and inspire others along the way, are invited to join G-Star on the journey as they create the next 30 years of history. G-Star RAW’s ambition is to be recognized as the leading denim company that creates tomorrow’s classics. The mission is to inspire people to be game-changers by being one. G-Star has three core values that capture their philosophy today; RAW: Real, honest and authentic. To be RAW is to be unpretentious, but also seductive and rebellious. Both inside and outside the company, they value diversity and applaud an original point of view. Empathic: G-Star is the curious company with a genuine interest in individuals. They want to be empathic to people’s needs: their consumers, their employees and everyone who works in their supply chain. G-Star is highly considerate to the footprint we leave on this planet. Design-Led: G-Start is the creative, design-driven company that puts quality first and strives balance aesthetics and functionality. G-Star design with the future in mind: directional, durable and sustainable.
Legal Counsel Omnichannel/IP
The in-house legal team consists of legal professionals and specialists, based in Amsterdam and Shanghai. A specialist dedicated to Legal Operations supports the processes and activities of the team. The team is working to enhance and protect the business and brands on a daily basis in order to support all the global companies. The company transformed from straightforward traditional wholesale to an ever-evolving complex but sustainable retail company combining online, mobile, tech. They work proactively with cross functional teams of the business of G-Star across the world. Their key focus is not only to solve problems, but also to add value to the business. The role is based in Amsterdam at the global headquarters, and you will report to the General Counsel.
You will operate as a hands on business partner for various internal teams. The company constantly seeks to improve and change in order to meet their customers' desires. They use an omnichannel sales approach and expect their legal counsels to be able to think in that way, too. You will identify legal risks and provide solutions to the business challenges at hand. These solutions need to deliver competitive advantage to the business objectives taking into account cost, legal and reputational risk. You must have capability to adapt to changing priorities in line with the business and organizational needs in the ever-evolving E-Commerce and digital landscape.
- Advising on (digital) media, e-commerce or marketing related topics;
- Supporting the internal teams in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts in the field of digital marketing activation, apps creation and e-commerce, 3D-design, talent or celebrity partnerships, online collaborations and licensing.
- Develop and providing regular training and e-learning on relevant IP / Digital subjects to internal teams;
- IP strategy and managing the G-Star global intellectual property portfolio, drafting and reviewing IP related contracts and clearance of new collections. Identify IP-related risks in our products, marks and marketing activations and address these adequately to the internal teams;
- Manage IP claims in a litigation context;
- Qualified lawyer or Legal Counsel with at least 5 years of relevant PQE obtained in the fashion, entertainment or FMCG industry;
- Proven knowledge of European IP law, Data Protection, Consumer Protection law, Trade secrets and Advertising laws & regulations. Knowledge on US IP law is a plus;
- Proactive, collaborative and open to change and new ideas. You tackle matters outside of your area of expertise with curiosity and eagerness, and you're motivated to invest in a modern legal department;
- You know you're way around with social media platforms and their rules and regulations to related marketing activations;
- Understanding of creative design processes;
- You're detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills and you take initiative for improving the work done by the legal team;
- You are an entrepreneur at heart, willing to look beyond the legal matter of things, able to translate legal advice to more understandable language and you don't shy away from working with numbers;
- You have an international mindset and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably you speak another European language.
Working at G-Star in a diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation. G-Star offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Would you like more information on this role? Please contact Nick Spenkelink, via email email@example.com, or phone +31 6 10 98 76 19. If you'd like to apply for this job, please send in your CV and motivation (both in English and in Word format). Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Major, Lindsey & Africa
Unmatched in What We Do
In 1982, the founders of what is today known as Major, Lindsey & Africa set out to create the world's pre-eminent legal search firm. Guided by a goal of helping lawyers chart the most rewarding careers and providing law firms and corporations with access to the world’s top legal talent, they built a company dedicated to excellence and diversity in the legal professionals. Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA), is the world’s most experienced legal search firm; focusing solely on the placement of lawyers into law firms and in-house legal departments throughout the USA, Latin America, EMEA and APAC regions. With 25 offices worldwide and over 30 years’ experience in the market, the global In-House Practice Group has undertaken more General Counsel/In-House legal searches than any other executive search firm globally.