Orange Business Services
Orange Business Services is a global IT and communications services provider, with services in 160 countries. Orange Business Services helps companies collaborate more effectively, operate more efficiently and engage better with their customers – connecting their people, sites and machines securely and reliably. Through a unique combination of robust network and IT infrastructure, managed services and professional, reliable people, they do everything they can to offer an outstanding customer experience - helping to change business life for the better. The Legal Counsel will be part of a dynamic Legal team in the European region. The position is based in Amsterdam and the Legal Counsel will report to the Head of Legal Europe, also based in Amsterdam.
Legal Counsel Europe
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for providing commercial legal advice and assistance in respect of all activities of Orange, within the sub-region of his/her responsibility to ensure maximum protection of Orange’s rights and interests and to ensure legal compliance of Orange’s activities under local laws. You will prepare, review, negotiate and finalise all contracts (including annexes, exhibits, etc.) and related documents (such as RFP's, tenders and proposals, etc.) in relation to any direct or indirect sales activities and network operations activities in the sub-region of your responsibility. You will act as Business Partner and provide strong legal support to the colleagues in the sub-region of your responsibility. Besides you will coordinate the legal work with group departments within Orange on any matters that are legal in nature.
- Qualified lawyer or Legal Counsel with a minimum of 6 years PQE
- Experienced in commercial/transactional negotiations, particularly in cross-cultural, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional transactions is highly desirable. Those with experience in outsourcing transactions will have an added advantage
- Preferably professional experience in the telecommunications and or IT industry
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Good knowledge of another language spoken in the European Union is an advantage
- Pragmatic and able to handle different challenges at the same time
- You are a “team-player” who is academically sound, yet commercially-oriented
- A Law degree from a reputable University in the European Union
Orange offers an attractive package which is build up from the following components;
- base salary consistent with market practices, which pays the competencies and responsibilities exercised
- competitive variables in shape of a Bonus Scheme which recognize the results and performance of employees, collectively and individually
Furthermore the Group promotes, wherever it operates, gender equality in terms of salary.
If you would like more information about this job? Please contact Remco Abeln via mail; firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested, I would like to receive your CV and motivation (both in English and in Word format) as soon as possible. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Since 2001 Charlotte Kruls, Remco Abeln and Nick Spenkelink have been committed to matching the right lawyer with the right legal function. ISLEGAL is specialised in finding the perfect lawyer or solicitor for your organisation – permanent or temporary. We have many years of experience and a large network of lawyers with various ambitions and capacities. Whether it concerns a temporary or a permanent position: we look further than a CV and profile sketch to ascertain which candidate is the best candidate. Our extensive experience enables us to be aware of the underlying aspects which are important for a successful relationship between client and lawyer – in the short and long term. We are transparent in our methods as well as our costs.