Senior Privacy Officer with Legal Expertise
- Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e)
- 20202635 - 172353
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie titel
- Universiteit/HBO Onderwijs
Senior Privacy Officer with Legal Expertise
We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable senior privacy officer, with legal experience and affinity with working within a research institute. As a privacy officer for the entire TU/e, you are functionally coordinating the central data privacy team. In addition to yourself, the team consists of a privacy officer and a privacy legal expert. The hierarchical management of the entire privacy team, including this position, is the responsibility of a Management Team member.
Within this team, you are constantly looking for legal opportunities to connect business with the GDPR compliancy. You are pragmatic, solution-oriented and flexible at the same time, and able to work together with researchers and support staff in order to bring the university further within the GDPR compliancy.
In your role you will:
- coordinate the central data privacy team;
- be responsible for drawing up a privacy roadmap, including policy, annual plan, central processes and data protection procedures, in this topic you will work together with the DPO;
- coordinate a consultative structure between the Privacy Team, the Security Team and DPO to make and keep TU/e privacy compliant,
- be responsible for advice / support to achieve compliance at TU/e;
- manage the handling of data breaches with the support of the privacy officer and administrative assistant;
- offer solution-oriented legal support to the organization, especially in research in complex collaborations, such as joint controller and data sharing agreements and processor agreements.
- carry out (more complex) DPIAs;
- be a part of the Data Governance Team.
You are well able to get quickly to the essence of legal issues in complex situations and know how to provide clear and directly applicable solutions, support and advice. In doing so, you will always keep an eye on the political relationships within the organization and our external collaborating partners (including leading international technology companies and hospitals in the region).
We look for a legal expert (WO) with knowledge and senior experience in the field of privacy and (implementation of) the GDPR.
- You have completed a relevant legal degree at (preferably) university level and a privacy specialization, preferably a CIPP/E certification and knowledge of security measures e.g. ISO 27001.
- Preferably you have knowledge of and experience with the operational processes within a research-intensive environment where a lot of privacy sensitive data is used in research and shared with internal and external partners.
- You have experience with multidisciplinary collaboration, are customer focused and get energy from supporting and solving problems for both individuals and for the whole organization
- You don't hesitate to take on a lot of responsibility and work on a multitude of subjects and activities simultaneously in this regard are able to coordinate tasks and activities of colleagues.
- You have a good knowledge of the English language, both orally and in writing, as the formal language of communication within the university is English. You are sufficiently proficient in Dutch to independently interpret and apply Dutch professional literature and jurisprudence in practice.
- CIPM certification and understanding of Privacy Management
You will be appointed for a one-year period. Depending on CV and professional experience, an appointment through EUFLEX (TU/e secondment office) might be considered. If the economy functions well and economic conditions remain unchanged, there is a prospect of appointment for an indefinite period of time. Full-time gross salary, depending on knowledge and experience, will be a minimum of € 3.746,- and a maximum of € 5.127,- (salary scale 11 CAO NU). The year-end allowance is 8,3% of the annual salary (corresponding to a monthly salary). The holiday allowance is 8% of the annual salary.
In addition, TU/e offers excellent secondary conditions of employment (e.g. day care for children, a minimum of 41 days of leave based on a 40-hour working week and excellent sports facilities).
An assessment center may be part of the application procedure.
- For more detailed information about the job please contact Iza Witkowska, Departmental Head Research Data Management of the Data Management and Library, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about conditions of employment contact the HR Services section, HRServices.SupportUnits@tue.nl, tel. 040 - 247 4486.
- More information can be obtained from the link: https://www.tue.nl/en/working-at-tue/why-tue/compensation-and-benefits/
If you are interested in this vacancy you can apply by uploading your motivation and your curriculum vitae via our applicationbutton. The closing date for this vacancy is January 1, 2021. The interviews will take place in the first half of January 2021.
In case of equal suitability, internal candidates will have preference over external candidates.
Acquisition with regard to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Privacy, Privacy Officer, Security Officer, Data, Privacy Management, TU Eindhoven, Technische Universiteit
BESTUURSLID ADVIESORGAAN VOOR DE FRIESE TAAL DING…
ADVOCAAT-MEDEWERKER EN ADVOCAAT-STAGIAIR(E) ONDER…
Borsboom & Hamm
Gevorderde advocaat-stagiaire | advocaat-medewerk…
Roozemond [+] De Haan advocaten
Rechter in opleiding - landelijk