- Competitive Market Rate
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie type
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is a key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Shell is looking to hire a legal counsel to work in our Dutch Shell Pension organization in The Hague. Shell Pensioenbureau Nederland B.V. (SPN) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell Petroleum N.V. It provides pension fund management services and advice to Stichting Shell Pensioenfonds (SSPF) and Shell Nederland Pensioenfonds Stichting (SNPS), the pension funds for Shell employees in the Netherlands working under local employment terms and conditions and for Dutch expatriates, and where relevant Group companies.
The prime objective of the position is to provide high quality legal and regulatory advice and services to the two Dutch Shell pension funds (hereinafter referred to as ‘Clients’) and SPN in a professional, pro-active, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory developments in and outside the Netherlands, proposals by various (industry) organizations and relevant HR, Finance and business developments in the Shell Group, which may impact, directly or indirectly, the (pension schemes of) Clients, sponsor or SPN
- Deputize for the Senior Legal Counsel and Compliance Officer in his absence
- Act as Secretary of the Supervisory Board of SSPF
Policy and Governance
- Responsible for (advice on) the legal aspects of e.g. (i) initiating, drafting, reviewing and contributing to Clients and/or SPN policy proposals, including the actuarial operating memorandum, (ii) initiating, drafting, reviewing and contributing to changes to the Clients’ and SPN constitutions and regulations, (iii) funding issues
- On behalf of SPN, liaison for Shell Nederland HR
- Responsible for development of Clients’ knowledge management plans
- Represent Clients and SPN with relevant external organizations, e.g. Dutch Pension Federation , Pensions Europe
- Represent Clients in advocacy activities in The Netherlands and support the SPN General Manager and/or Senior Legal Counsel and Compliance Officer in preparing and organizing advocacy activities in Europe
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory and lobby matrix, as well as overview of external representation of Clients by SPN and SAMCo staff
- Support risk assessment of various Clients’ non-financial risks (Legal, Integrity and External environment) as incorporated in periodic risk review and reporting (RCSA)
- Act as Secretary to the SNPS Board and in consultation with the Plan Manager draft the Board agenda.
- Managing the process of Board and Accountability Council appointments vis-a-vis the nominating parties and the regulator
Act as Dean of the SPN Academy, responsible for capability enhancement within SPN, SSPF and SNPS; coordinating knowledge and competence development
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Given the applicable legal and regulatory framework, a Dutch law degree is necessary
- Expert knowledge of Dutch pension law is essential, while knowledge of financial services legislation (e.g. Act on the Financial Supervision) would be considered an advantage
- Working experience within a pensions environment required; exposure to institutional investor environment advantageous
- Ability to clearly explain legal risks, develop sound mitigation strategies and find fit-for-purpose solutions
- Competency to influence decision-making and show leadership in a complex environment
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence in colleagues, regulators and other stakeholders at all levels with diverse backgrounds; judgement, clarity of thought
- Energetic personality with drive, high degree of motivation and commitment, comfortable with parallel projects time constraints
- Excellent communicator; fluent in Dutch and (business) English, both in speaking and writing
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.
You can apply by using the 'Apply' button.
Salary: Competitive Market Rate
Closing date for applications: 14th April 2018
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, Rijswijk, Legal Officer, Pension Fund Management.