- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie titel
- Student stagiair(e)
- Dienstverlening algemeen, Gezondheidszorg/Welzijn
You are interested in working in an international organization and are eager to learn. You are enthusiastic and result driven. You have great analytical skills and the ability to conduct comprehensive legal research on a range of issues; proficiency in legal writing and ability to prepare legal briefs and memos.
As an intern, you support the legal advisor and legal support officer on a wide range of legal issues. The legal advisor is part of the Governance & Organisational Development (GOOD) team and responsible for all legal issues within War Child. You will work under the guidance and supervision of the legal support officer.
- Assist the legal team in the management of contracts, policy documents and corporate documentation
- Assist the legal team in providing internal (home office and international offices) legal advice in the review and revision of contracts
- Provide support and legal answers on day-to-day issues with regard to a variety of legal subjects such as data protection, intellectual property law, counter-terrorism legislation
- Support the new legal design of the organisation following the transition into a Global Shared Platform
- Perform various administrative and supporting activities (e.g. file, legalize, print, scan, copy and archive legal documents/contacts).
- You are an academic Masters student, preferably in Dutch private law, with a specialization in corporate or contractual law;
- You are enrolled in a Dutch higher education institute for the whole duration of the internship
- Able to conduct comprehensive legal research on a range of issues
- Proficient in legal writing and able to prepare legal briefs and memos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English. French, Arabic and/or Spanish languages are an added benefit
- Hands-on and accurate
- Independent and quick learner
- Open to a multi-cultural work environment
- Affinity with War Child’s work
- Based in the Netherlands, available for 5 days per week working at the War Child office in Amsterdam and remotely
- Available to start in March 2021 for a period of 5-6 months.
Our organisation and Conditions
War Child is a dynamic and inclusive organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office and in our remote work, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging assignment in an inspiring work environment.
This internship is for a period of 5-6 months (a shorter period is possible) starting March 2021. As per War Child Intern Policy, fee will be €200 gross per month (based on 5 days). Travel costs will be reimbursed.
Please note that War Child interns need to be registered students at a Dutch educational institutions. This is a hard requirement. Students must be enrolled for the duration of their internship. Please note that this internship does not suit students who are in their thesis writing semesters.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply no later than 21 February 2021 by submitting their CV (English, max 2 pages) and cover letter outlining the skills and knowledge you might bring and your motivation for this post here: