Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our company’s headquarter in De Lier (The Netherlands), we are looking for a Legal Counsel IP.
The Legal Counsel IP will be responsible for managing all Dümmen Orange’s IP matters and report directly to the General Counsel & Company Secretary, who is also based in De Lier. Besides the General Counsel & Company Secretary, the current legal department consists of 2 other in-house legal counsels, 1 based in the Netherlands and 1 in Central America. The legal department is responsible for all legal affairs of Dümmen Orange worldwide.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Your tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Registration and renewal of IP (predominantly plant breeders’ rights and trademarks), supported by external lawyers and notaries;
• Reviewing and drafting various agreement such as license-, IP transfer- and co-existence agreements;
• Providing legal support on IP queries and create/implement new IP policies (such as licensing or trademark policy);
• Managing IP litigation cases;
• Ensuring proper records of all IP and agreements are maintained and updated in various IT-systems;
• Support the legal team on a variety of other commercial and compliancy matters.
• Dutch qualified lawyer with an IP background and 3-5 years of post-qualification experience, preferably (partly) gained with a multinational corporation. Experience and/or a interest in the agricultural/flower breeding industry is considered a big plus;
• Superior written and verbal Dutch and English language skills required; must be able to understand, negotiate and draft complex legal documents in Dutch and English autonomously;
• Able to manage, adapt and respond positively to change in an innovative and flexible manner and manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure;
• Goal-oriented with the ability to influence and drive change in a fast-based global organization;
• Excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively explain complex legal issues to non-lawyers;
• Well organized, detail oriented and able to work independently and manage multiple projects;
• Hard worker who can work independently and take responsibility;
• Positive attitude with a sense of humor.
In return Dümmen Orange offers you a competitive salary package and the opportunity to join a young, collaborative and ambitious legal team that goes the extra mile. You will be part of a successful, dynamic, innovative and rapidly growing international company. You will have the opportunity to work in an environment that is open, casual, fun and flexible. Dümmen Orange offers you a high level of responsibility in a flat organization with close contact to the business. You will be able to further enhance your career by continuous development of your knowledge and skills as Dümmen Orange considers it important for their people to continue to grow.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button to apply for this job. If you have questions, you can contact the HR department, via Jobs.NL@DummenOrange.com or + 31 174 530 082.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.