Corporate & Compliance Lawyer
- Private equity firm (via Legadex)
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie type
- Bedrijfsjurist, Jurist
- Zakelijke dienstverlening
Our client is one of the world’s leading global private equity firms with more than $40 billion in private equity assets under management. The firm is headquartered in New York with offices all over the world, including Amsterdam. Their active portfolio consists of more than 100 companies in different stages and in various high growth sectors.
For the multidisciplinary corporate office in Amsterdam there is a brand new job opening for an ambitious
Corporate & Compliance Lawyer
Seeking to broaden his or her horizon in a truly international environment
As a Corporate & Compliance Lawyer you will be providing a broad array of legal, compliance and regulatory support for the Amsterdam office and the international organization. Responsibilities include support to the firm’s Dutch and international legal entities and related corporate governance. On the compliance and regulatory side you will be providing assistance with the firm’s AIFMD registrations, assisting the firm’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer in the execution of investment related anti-money laundering and ‘know your client’ due diligence and you will be involved in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to the GDPR in multiple jurisdictions. Assistance with Regulatory filing matters in connection with transactions is part of the job. From time to time you will help familiarize newly hired colleagues with the firm’s compliance regulations by way of trainings.
The Corporate & Compliance Lawyer reports to the management of the Amsterdam office with a dual report to the Assistant General Counsel and the Senior Vice President of Compliance, based in New York. On a day-to-day basis you will liaise with finance professionals and work closely together with the New York based Legal and Compliance departments. The position will also interface with outside legal & tax counsel, civil law notaries and the firm’s auditors.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant post qualification experience as a Candidate Civil Law Notary, Corporate Lawyer or experienced Corporate or Trust Officer
- Excellent understanding of (Dutch) company law (especially corporate structures and governance)
- Experience with regulatory issues in the Netherlands and the EU is mandatory and you must be willing to deepen and broaden your knowledge on new legislation that may have an impact on the business
- A getting-things-done mentality
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with international investment clients is an advantage
- Eager to learn and to perform
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English both verbal and written
- The opportunity to enter into a highly challenging position with one of the most prestigious global private equity firms
- A truly international corporate position that combines Legal, regulatory and compliance expertise
- A work hard, play hard environment with professionals who aim for joint success
- An intensive on the job training period in Amsterdam and in New York at the start of your employment
- Office located in the heart of the business district of Amsterdam
- Excellent remuneration package
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume and motivation letter in English to Christine Hagens, email@example.com. For questions, please call Christine at 020 820 83 96 or 06 52 62 61 37.