For our client, an international financial company in Amsterdam, NL Juristen is looking for a
Privacy Officer (approx. 2-4 years)
The Privacy Officer will handle all privacy related legal matters of local offices in specific jurisdictions taking into account the GDPR requirements and existing privacy policies of the company. The Privacy Officer is part of a dedicated Global Privacy Team and has a responsibility to keep the organisation and the respective local offices in good legal and data protection standing.
- Ensuring that local service and supplier agreements with third parties are GDPR compliant as well as in line with other (local) data protection legislation and the privacy policies and procedures.
- Review and negotiate data protections terms and data processing agreements in alignment with local Legal Counsels.
- Document and update on regular basis all local data processing activities with the use of a data inventory, with support of Country Privacy Leads.
- Educate local professionals utilizing basic local training program on data protection.
- Be the first point of contact for inquiries from Data Protection Authorities and with regard to Data Subject requests and Data Breaches, escalating where needed to Chief Privacy Officer.
- Responsible for local Data Protection Impact Assessments in alignment with Chief Privacy Officer.
- Signal any data protection issues in a client/supplier transaction and liaise with the client respectively suppliers to solve these.
- University Law Degree;
- Approximately 2-4 years relevant post qualified working experience;
- Good understanding and working knowledge of GDPR, privacy laws and privacy regulations;
- Excellent Dutch and English written and verbal communication skills;
- Passionate interest in privacy, technology and security of personal data.
The position is fulltime job, the salary competitive with good benefits. There is a good work-life balance and a lot of learning opportunities. The work environment is international, dynamic and informal.
If you recognize yourself in the above and you are interested in this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org