Legal Counsel (36-40 hrs/wk)
- Merus N.V.
- a competitive salary
- Online via JBB t/m
- Functie type
- Legal Counsel
- Farmacie, Bedrijfsleven
Legal Counsel Europe (36-40 hrs/wk)
Legal Team, Merus N.V.
Do you have a passion for cutting-edge biotech?
The Legal Team is an international team led by the General Counsel residing in the US. You will be working in the Utrecht office, directly reporting to the Head of Legal Europe. Together with your colleagues in the US you are responsible for legal matters regarding Merus’ activities worldwide, and this role will handle the broad array of legal issues related to research, development, manufacturing, and clinical development, working within the legal team to review and negotiate contracts; and collaborating with each functional unit of the company to meet the company’s legal and business goals, including responsibility for advising on general corporate matters and compliance activities. To strengthen our team we are looking for a Legal Counsel to be based in our Netherlands office.
As Legal Counsel your main tasks and responsibilities are the following:
- Independently reviewing, amending, drafting and negotiation various types of contracts
- Working with our teams on industry specific contracts such as Master Services Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, Supply Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Consulting Agreements
- Partnering with different business units to identify legal issues, provide legal options, opinions and strategic counsel to assist company in meeting its business and legal objectives
- Contributing to the Legal Team in the implementation of the company’s overall legal strategy and policies
- Manage outside counsel within your territory
- Research and advise on local legal consequences of international initiatives within the company
- Keeping informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the organization, and assisting with development of policies and training as neededSupporting finance and accounting team with compliance issues
- Safeguarding overall governance and compliance within the company
- Maintaining the contract database and contract compliance
- Providing training to the company on legal topics
- Advising on matters of Privacy Law including the GDPR, and serving as the company’s data privacy officer
We are looking for a Legal Counsel Europe with the following knowledge and expertise:
- A master degree in Dutch Law, with a focus on commercial and/or corporate law
- At least 6 years of work experience, gained both in private practice and in-house
- Experience in negotiation of agreements with international implications
- Outstanding legal English and drafting skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving ability, and negotiating skills concerning both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization's legal department and across all business units
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- A deep understanding of the company’s business perspectives and goals involved in negotiation and administering diverse and complex transactions
- Ability to write clearly and prepare professional communications related to administrative processes, risk assessments and investigation findings
- Experience in the Life Sciences sector is a plus, not a requirement
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours. Our talented international team works in an inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park). We also offer an excellent pension scheme, company bonus, and 30 days’ annual holiday based on a full-time position. We care about team spirit and organize several company events each year.
Working at Merus provides you with opportunities to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You will have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by helping to the Company progress its clinical-stage bispecific antibody candidates (Biclonics®) in the potential treatment of cancer. Merus’ headquarters are located in the Netherlands, but we also have offices in the US and collaborations around the world. As of 2016 we are listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market and to date have three therapeutic candidate in clinical development. For more information, please visit www.merus.nl.
When hiring new employees, we look for people who will fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of our company – a spirit that drives us in seeking to develop advanced therapies that address unmet needs in cancer treatment.
For more information about the application procedure, please contact Merus Recruitment via telephone number
+31(0)30 – 253 8800 or by email at email@example.com.
Please send in your application via the 'Apply' button by August 17 at the latest.