Legal Counsel (The Hague)
The Marlink group of companies is acting in the satellite communication industry. Marlink provides customers connectivity (phone, email, internet) and IT solutions on remote locations.
Marlink is looking for a Legal Counsel in The Hague (preferably 40h per week). The one year fixed contract shall preferably start on 1 April 2022 (and a permanent position may follow).
As Legal Counsel you will work in an informal and dynamic Legal team that consists of a Manager and six Legal Counsels (in The Hague, Paris, and the USA). You will assist the Marlink business with legal support on a variety of legal topics such as: customer contracts, supplier contracts, service developments, corporate housekeeping, (pre)- litigation issues and compliance processes.
Your main responsibilities will be interacting with Sales and reviewing commercial customer contracts, interacting with Procurement and reviewing supplier contracts, drafting and updating contract templates, assisting in negotiations with customers and suppliers, assisting in prequalification of legal terms and conditions on tenders and working with product managers on business development contracts. Furthermore, you will review other standard agreements (NDA’s, LoI’s, etc). Besides assisting the business in a commercial way, you will assist in implementing the internal compliance processes (f.e. related to data protection and export control), participate to other specific legal projects, and support in bad debt and bankruptcy cases.
- Dutch law degree or equivalent international degree
- Minimum 5 years of working experience as a legal counsel and/or as an attorney at law
- In-depth knowledge of commercial, corporate and contract law
- Excellent drafting skills (mostly in business English)
- Commercial sense and pragmatic approach
- Fluent in written and spoken English (knowledge of Dutch language is not mandatory)
- Capability to interact worldwide, both independently and in cooperation with others under a high workload
- Positive and result oriented
- Pro-active problem solver, structured and systematic working methods
- Prioritize correctly under pressure
- Show enthusiasm, team spirit and is rigorous
- Have humour and be self-propelling
- Experience in the maritime business is considered an advantage, but not required
Working in a small team of collaborative legal colleagues with a high-quality standard, for Marlink - the pioneer of business critical satellite communication solutions for customers operating in remote environments. The position may require some geographical mobility.
Please provide, in English, a short introduction (including motivation) and your resume to: email@example.com.