Legal Counsel Corporate & Finance NL
Bring your in-depth knowledge of Dutch Corporate Law to Shell and we’ll give you a broader outlook. This is an ideal move for someone working in a larger law firm – in this small, expert team, you’ll make a valuable contribution to projects that span a wide variety of Shell’s business.
What’s the role?
You’ll join our Legal Corporate & Finance (NL) team, which includes three lawyers (including this vacancy) and two corporate specialists. The Legal Corporate & Finance NL team is part of Legal Services Corporate and Shell Ethics & Compliance Office (LSCX) which provides legal advice and services to the Shell Group on corporate, finance, HR matters and Ethics & Compliance, by supporting a number of Group Central Functions.
Based in The Hague, the Corporate & Finance team takes care of all Dutch corporate and finance legal matters, provides company secretarial services for Dutch Group companies and work on corporate restructurings and financing transactions where Dutch Group companies are involved.
Reporting directly to the Managing Counsel Corporate and Finance NL, the role has two main strands:
- Providing advice and guidance to Shell’s Treasury and other Finance functions on guarantees, intra-group loans, funding and the Group’s debt programmes in support of our Business and Holdings and Treasury activities.
- Advising on diverse business projects where Holding and Treasury companies or other NL Group companies are involved, overseeing the accompanying organisational and corporate decision-making process.
We need someone who’s shown they’re flexible, independent, and proactive in their work and able to offer sound legal and practical solutions that inspire confidence in stakeholders.
What we need from you?
Alongside strong knowledge and experience of Dutch Company and Civil Law and substantial experience with Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), you’ll need proven banking and finance knowledge, including securities laws and regulations. A University degree in Dutch Law is key and good drafting skills are vital.
It’s your personal skills that will make the biggest difference. We’re keen to hear candidates with the natural communication skills and credibility to cultivate strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, influencing and managing their expectations, whether in Dutch or English.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.